Perfluoroelastomers (FFKM) contain fully fluorinated polymer chains which makes the the ultimate performance of all elastomers in regards to heat and chemical resistance. They have exceptional resistance to fuels, all types of lubricating oils and greases, mineral based and hydralic fluids, solvents, alchols, most acids and alkalis.
Cure system – Peroxide-cured or Nitrile cured
Standard FFKMs are peroxide-cured. Nitrile-cured FFKM compounds have better heat resistance than peroxide-cured.
Other common Variations
- FFKM has exceptional resistance to high temperature, oils, solvents, flame, chemical and weather. It is usually used in chemical processing, semiconductor and aerospace
- FFKM is also used in oil and gas industry when the media is highly aggresive, high pressure and extreme temperatures. They are also extremely resistant against rapid gas decompression.
- ASTM D 1418 Designation: FFKM
- ISO/DIN 1629 Designation: FFKM
- ASTM D2000 / SAE J 200 Codes: KK
- Standard Color(s): Black
- Hardness Range: 60 to 95 Shore A
- Relative Cost: Expensive
- Standard Low Temperature: -0°C / -32°F
- Standard High Temperature: 250°C / 482°F
- Special Compound Low Temperature: -30°C / -22°F
- Special Compound High Temperature: 315°C / 599°F
|Performs well in||Does not perform well in|
|Ozone, weather and very|
high temperature air
|Acid (organic and inorganic acids)|