Well known high performance rubber. Has especially excellent resistance to high temperatures, ozone, weather, oxygen, mineral oils, fuels, hydralic fluids, aromatics and many other organic solvents and chemicals.
Actum Sweden AB has its own FKM compound: V7015AA
|UL||-60~200°c||V7015AA||FKM perox.||70±5 Shore A||Black|
Standard FKM compounds are Bisphenol cured. Peroxide cured FKM compounds possess better acid solution resistance than the bisphenol cured ones and can thus replace litharge cured applied in acid solution. Some lubricants adds a few organic amide or amine, under these conditions choosing peroxide curing system Viton™ will be better than bisphenol curing.
FKM has excellent resistance to high temperature, solvent, oils, flame, weather, chemicals and is usually applied in automotive, chemical processing, aerospace and many other industries.
- AFLAS® (TFE/propylene polymer) is more base and steam resistant than other general Vitons. It can be used in amine, amide and some bases.
- Viton™ is a registered trademark of Chemours Fluoroelastomer.
- AFLAS® is a registered trademark of AGC Chemicals. ®
- ASTM D 1418 Designation: FKM
- ISO/DIN 1629 Designation: FKM
- ASTM D2000 / SAE J 200 Codes: HK
- Standard Color(s): Black
- Hardness Range: 50 to 90 Shore A
- Relative Cost: High
- Standard Low Temperature: -26°C / -15°F
- Standard High Temperature: 250°C / 482°F
- Special Compound Low Temperature: -40°C / -40°F
- Special Compound High Temperature: 275°C / 527°F
|Performs well in||Does not perform well in|
|Fuel or blend with methanol or ethanol||Low molecular weight organic acids|
(formic and acetic acids)
|Diesel or blend with biodiesel||Superheat steam|
|Mineral oil and grease||Low molecular weight esters and ethers|
|Silicone oil and grease||Phosphate ester based hydralic fluids -Skydrol®|
|Ozone, weather and very high temperature air|